courtney dot staples at gmail dot com
Graphic Designer, Ariadne Labs
01/2017 - present
- Serve as the sole internal designer for the organization, supporting its programs and platforms.
- Lead development of materials for visual cohesion, such as brand guidelines, templates, and program logos.
- Design a range of items to spread information and awareness, including booklets, flyers, trade show displays.
- Build and edit presentation files seen by donors, medical professionals, media, and the general public.
- Mock up layouts and user interface for websites and mobile apps.
- Illustrate original art and create data visualizations and infographics for use across the organization.
- Photograph events and medical simulations and retouch raw image files for an internal resource collection.
Graphic Designer, MassHealth Publications
09/2014 - 01/2017
- Designed publications from concept to completion while communicating with managers, editors, and vendors.
- Developed logos, branding materials, illustrations, and graphics, both self-directed and with other designers.
- Created content on Mass.gov and reviewed feedback from users to plan for a website redesign.
- Photographed state events, edited image files, and maintained an internal library of stock photos.
- Performed editing, writing, and proofreading duties on various internal and external publications.
Independent Contract Graphic Designer, MassHealth Publications
12/2011 - 09/2014
- Carried out many of the responsibilities listed above.
- Aided in creating MassHealth’s Twitter presence with graphics, tweets, and social media policy planning.
- Researched and implemented large print and accessibility standards for print and web.